Board Members please let someone know if you are not able to attend.
Treasurer Report: Invasive Species Fund General Fund Total $94,974.32
1) Call Meeting to order 7 PM: by President, Ken Klehr
2) Secretary's February Board Meeting Minutes: approved for publication on our website.
3) Treasurer's February Financial Report :Received $27.66 in interest and paid $60 to renew PO box in Dassel. Board approved March report. The Board discussed reporting of our accounts in separate funds or whether we should just combine all the money into one account. Because we have people making contributions to specific accounts i.e. Invasive Species Fund, that we should continue to keep the accounts separate for reporting reasons.
4) Shoreline Captains/Membership Committee Update: Have tentative meeting set up for Shoreline Captains in the 3rd week of May. Cathy K. with Ron Bubany's help have set up a new membership card as a way to determine who wants Newsletters emailed to them. Ron designed a card with more information that can be entered electronically on a database that we can use to generate new reports, spreadsheets, and better utilize addresses for Shoreline Captains. Ron B and Steve G will be working together to integrate information from and to our website. This is a huge step forward for the lake association, thanks to Ron B.
5) Cormorants & Pelicans Committee Status: Rick is working on setting up a meeting with the bird people Rob Collette, Lisa Dunbar, and others, but they have not gotten back to him. He is going to contact Lee Sundmark to see if he can help connecting with this group.
6) Membership Survey Committee Report: We are continuing work on recording the data, pages 1-3 are complete. Steve has begun to write up the summary report. Looking to present this information at the Membership meeting in May.
7) Website & Facebook Activity: Steve G. reported 30 people checked out our website last month with 24 of them being 'unique' new people. We have 54 people on our Facebook page and he posted a sunset picture from Lake Washington and got 501 likes. Steve will look at setting up a search engine for our website.
8) Invasive Species Committee Update: Professional Lake Management will again be doing our water quality testing this year. The committee is in the process of drawing up a contract with PLM to treat 70 acres of milfoil this year, the areas will be determined after spring surveys.
9) Watershed Committee Report: Regarding the holding pond project on the SW corner of the lake, the committee met with the present and new owners of the property. The new owner is all in favor of the holding pond. We sent a letter in support of the pond from the new owner to the County Water and Soil people. The County is in the process of working on updating the plan. Also, we talked with the farmer that has 98 acres that drain into this drainage pond area about this project. He also supports the project. He has 6 drain tile fields in this area with two large 10-12 inch drain tile pipes. He might consider putting tiles in all the acreage and the County said this ponding project could support this. The farmer is also talking about installing a different head to each drain area that would also slow the flow of water. LWIA goal is to get this project done this year and we will need to talk with the Township Board and the contractor.
10) Watercraft Inspection Committee: on hold at this time
11) MCAL Board Meeting April 17th: Pat H. and Ken K. will attend the April meeting. MCAL sent us a list of grants for Lake Washington for 2014. Crow River has completed core samples as part of the TMDL study they are conducting on the lakes in our watershed.
12) Board Elections May: Pat Hanson Steve Grotbo, John Fink and Ken Klehr: John Fink has notified us he will be retiring from the board. Pat Hanson, Steve Grotbo, and Ken Klehr have agreed to continue serving another 3 year term on the Lake Washington Board. If any Board member knows someone who would be interested in joining the board, please bring this information to the next meeting.
13) Spring Newsletter
Articles Complete; April 1st : All committees please have your articles turned into Rick F. by April 1 so we can get Newsletters in the Mail by April 18th. We need ads for the newsletter that board members will be getting to Rick F. as soon as possible. If they can be emailed to him print ready that is most helpful.
14) LWIA Annual Membership Meeting Saturday May 3rd @ Dassel Rod & Gun Club
Setup 4 PM
Social 5 PM
Dinner 6 PM
Program 6:30 PM
Election of Board members
Membership Survey - Steve will work on arranging to have this presentation ready for the meeting.
15) Open Discussion: Ken shared information about two different state wide conferences coming up: State of Water at Cragun's May 1st and 2nd, also Upper Midwest Invasive Species in Duluth in Oct. A reminder to those board members that attend these conferences, the Board will pay for you to attend these meetings. This includes room and any registration fees.
Next Board Meeting Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 @ 7 PM at John Fink's house 69427 233rd St.
Special note Steve Ullom will not be at this meeting and Tom Hauer has agreed to write up the meeting notes.