Board Members please let someone know if you are not able to attend.
Treasurer Report: Invasive Species Fund $36,935; General Fund $68,820
PAID MEMBERSHIPS: 120
Welcome new Board Member - Dave Rathe
1) Call Meeting to order 7 PM - President Ken Klehr
2) Secretary's April Board Meeting Report - approved for publication with corrections.
3) Treasurer's April and Annual Financial Report - Lyle sent April financial statement, approved.
4) Shoreline Captains/Membership Committee Update - Cathy K has scheduled a Shoreline Captains meeting for 9:30 AM on Saturday May 23 at the Dassel Rod ‘n Gun Club.
5) Cormorants & Pelicans Committee Status - Rick reported there is a meeting scheduled for May 21 at 6:30 pm with Lee Sundmark at the Hutchinson Office of the DNR. They will talk more about the fish survey completed in 2014. Lee did talk to Rick about the need to consider the effects milfoil may have on fish habitat and populations over time. Rick has asked for the clean up cost as a result of the Newcastle outbreak from the DNR, UM, and a number counts for birds on Pigeon Lake.
6) Membership Survey Committee Report - A summary article will be in the summer newsletter.
7) Website & Facebook Activity - Steve Grotbo was not able to attend the meeting.
8) Invasive Species Committee Update - LWIA has received the permit to chemically treat up to 70 acres of milfoil in 2015 if we find milfoil needing treatments.
9) Watershed Committee Report - Skip reported the cost to rework the tile heads on the Ahlgren farm came in at about $800 per site. The county made an offer to pay for 50% of the cost. The estimated costs based on a report from the UM during the planning stages was in the $200-300 range to rework the outlets. The prices being quoted at this time are a lot more than talked about and have the farmer reluctant to have to spend this much for the tile outlets. Skip is going back to talk with Joe and the commissioners about the LWIA Boards concern about not redoing the tile outlets and the affect it will have on the holding ponds capacity and effectiveness.
10) Watercraft Inspection Committee - Tom H. received a letter from the Wendy Crowell, Mn. DNR, that she was sending LWIA a contract for Tom’s signature for water craft inspections. We will ask Meeker Co. AIS committee about getting money to do inspections.
11) Communications & Public Relations - nothing to report at this time.
12) Spring Newsletter Review - It looked very well done. Ron B. is going to ask Crow River about the cost of doing it in color.
13) Update New Water Quality Test Procedure - Ken K reported he has (Dan Faust, Rick Johnson, and Dean Shaner) helping with the water testing program. The first time out it took about 1:45 minutes, as the group learned how to use the equipment. Ken estimates it should take about 1 hour to do the testing.
14) Annual Meeting Review Changes - The meeting went well. There were 93 people at the Membership meeting on May 2.
15) Committee Assignments Organizational Review - Ken sent out a list of the committees we have at this time. The idea is the board will look at consolidating this list into fewer major committees. It will be on the agenda for the June 2, 2015 Board meeting.
16) Open Discussion - B & B Sports of Hutchinson paid for the pork chops at the membership meeting.
Discussion about docks and lifts being put into the lake this time of year and the rules about them being out of the water for 30 days, if they are new to the lake they are being installed in. Dave R. suggested we put some concrete blocks in the area of the lake where there is the most in and out boat traffic. This makes great sense because zebra mussels spread from boats being in infected waters.
Next Board meeting Tuesday, June 2nd @ 7 PM. Dassel Rod & Gun Club