Lantern
 
   
Board Meeting Minutes Archived Minutes
Lake Washington Association Board Meeting June 7, 2005

Board Members Present:
Don Hoverston
Kim Winter
Cammy Moses
Jenna O'Brien
Steve Ullom
James Wendling
Rick Fernstrom
Gary Christianson
Earl Fitzloff
Jean Ward
John Fink
Dennis Westendorp

Board Members please let someone know if you are not able to attend.

Minutes for May 3rd meeting approved.

Treasurer Report:
Milfoil Fund $31,109,11
Siren Fund $8,533.50
Checkbook $17,673.53

PAID MEMBERSHIPS: 149

OLD BUSINESS:
Directory Content Committee reports there is some work to do before directory is ready to send to printer. Looking more at end of July for delivery.  There were more ads submitted. Also at this time committee is proposing to meet with printer and get better idea of actual cost, because at this time we have close to 125 pages vs 75 originally quoted in price.  Needs End of Dock Letter.  Ad committee suggested they could probably get more ads if needed to offset price of larger edition of directory.  Dennis W. will try to get lake map from county that we can use for including in the directory.

Website has been updated and changes will be made at least once a month as we get the information to them.

Storm Siren Update: The price is the same as quoted before with pole and hook-up around $13,334.  There is a 8-10 week wait for installation.  Discussion by board noting original motion was for 80% of cost be raised before installation could proceed.  Some members believed we were going to get it installed in time for this storm season, but that is not possible.  After a lengthy discussion board approved ordering the siren not later than February 2006, to assure installation before next storm season.

NEW BUSINESS:
Idlewave Asssociation donated $100 to be used as board chooses, voted to put this contribution into the general fund at this time.


Discussion by board about ways to increase memberships and suggestion by Kim W. to do 2nd mailing for memberships.  She will write a newsletter detailing money needed for the storm siren/ milfoil update and reminder if anyone spots milfoil to email or call a board member/ shoreline captains role.  Jenna will get mailing labels and do mailing.  Jean Ward has volunteers to help with addressing mailing information if we can use them.

Cammy met with Wells Fargo Bank: suggested we open a small business account which she did.  We need a co-signer on the account: Jenna O’Brien volunteered to do be this person.

The following volunteered to be officers for this year: Kim Winter, President; Gary Christianson, V.President; Cammy Moses, Treasurer; Steve Ullom, Secretary.
Milfoil Committee Update: Gary C. sent in grant application before May 20th based on our historical needs for treatment, at Chip Wellings suggestion and Lee S. ok. Next award deadline will be June 22.  DNR visited the lake and found more Curly Leaf Pond Weed than milfoil.  We are convinced milfoil is there just has not had a good start as in past years.  Therefore we have not been able to see it from the surface.

Jim W. noted “the success of/for milfoil treatments for Lake Washington is primarily due to the great job done by the Milfoil Committee.  There actions, skilled applications, and persistence made a tremendous difference in the vitality of our lake at this time, THANK YOU.”

Jim Wendling volunteered to be liaison with Shoreline Captains.The officers will meet at 6:00 pm on July 5th to look at writing job descriptions for officers, formation of committees, and distribution of different duties/jobs board routinely performs.

Next Board Meeting:
 
July 5, 2005 at Dassel Rod ‘n Gun Club.

 
 

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Lake Washington Improvement Assn. - All Rights Reserved