Lantern
 
   
Board Meeting Minutes Archived Minutes
Lake Washington Association Board Meeting May 10, 2011
Board Members Present:
Kim Winter
John Fink
Ken Klehr
Rick Johnson
Jen Kejell
Pat Hanson
Bill Ooley
Visitor: Cathy Klehr
Milt Lueneburg
Rick Fernstrom
Steve Ullom

Board Members please let someone know if you are not able to attend.

Treasurer Report: Invasive Species Fund $71,119.00; General Fund $46865.00

Secretary and Treasurer reports approved for publication. Annual Financial Summary approved.          

PAID MEMBERSHIPS: 54

OLD BUSINESS: Steve U, Ken K., and John F. are scheduling to attend LVMP meeting on 5/16/2011 at 10 am in Hutchinson DNR offices.  Lee S, Craig S, and Joe E. are supposed to meet with us and finalize our plan.

            2011 Directory - Cathy K. has all the names in and verified for the directory.  There are about 170 pages right now.  There were about 150 pages in the 2005 directory.  Ken is looking at reducing the size by looking at relevancy of all the information we have now.  Steve G is working with Ken putting the ads in the directory.  Kim W. has many names and numbers of potential customers for ads.  Setting a deadline of May 22 for all ads in and paid for.  Bill Ooley and Rick Johnson are helping with this project.  We are shooting for a mid June delivery date.

            Watercraft inspections, Ken asked the DNR to spend more time at Lake Washington checking on boats.  They will try to do this.  There is a program, where the DNR cost share salary 50/50 for a trained volunteer.

NEW BUSINESS: Website updates: Jen and Cathy will update list of Shoreline Captains and get published on our website.  Jen will set up a Shoreline Captains meeting for early June.

            Annual Meeting review: About 128 people attended the Members Meeting on May 6.  There were many positive comments about the great food (thanks John), our newsletter, and many people stayed for the outside demonstration by the Water Patrol. We raised $240 from the sale of three meat trays.  Cormorants were one of the discussion items.  The Board set up a committee with Rick F. (chair), Milt L. and will invite lake resident Arlan Lovell to look at the cormorants as an issue for ours and surrounding lakes.

            2011 Lakes and Rivers Conference on April 27-29th: Ken K attended and will write up a report about the various workshops he attended and other issues brought up at this conference.

            MCAL - Pat H. attended the April 14 meeting and reported the major concerns that came out of that meeting were milfoil, stocking, and cormorants.

            Pheasants Forever:  Mike Schultz is going to LeSuer County, the local group is trying to replace him.  Ken K is going to contact others involved in this program where lake associations support this endeavor.

            Discussion items:  Think it is a very good idea that Rick F. sends out a mass email 2-3 days before a membership meeting.  Cathy K. suggested we remind people to bring the membership card they received with the spring newsletter to the annual meeting. This is a great way to update and double check member’s information and would speed up the registrations along with saving us a little money.

            Someone noticed on Stella they have a yard flag that says "I contributed to the Milfoil Fund", the board wanted to know more about this and Milt L. will check this out. 

All board members are signed up with Minnesota Waters.

Next Meeting  JUNE 7 @ 7PM    Dassel Rod ‘n Gun Club

 
 

Copyright © 2007-2020 - Lake Washington Improvement Assn. - All Rights Reserved