Lantern
 
   
Board Meeting Minutes Archived Minutes
Lake Washington Association Board Meeting September 2, 2014
Board Members Present:
Ken Klehr
Mike Wosmek
Sandy Wosmek
Ron Bubany
Mary Braaten
Lyle Walker
Cathy Klehr
Pat Hanson
Skip Sustacek
Tom Hauer
Steve Grotbo   
Rick Fernstrom
Steve Ullom

Board Members please let someone know if you are not able to attend.

Treasurer Report: Invasive Species Fund   36,975.00; General Fund 72,763.00

PAID MEMBERSHIPS: 217

1) Call Meeting to order - President Ken Klehr

2) Secretary’s August Board Meeting Report - Minutes approved for publication on website.

3) Treasurer's August Financial Report - approved by Board vote.

4) Open President Position - At the October Board meeting will need someone to take over for Ken.

5) Shoreline Captains/Membership Committee Update - Shoreline Captains reported making rounds and passing out flyers.  Cathy has been contacting new people moving on to the lake.

6) Cormorants & Pelicans Committee Status - Rick has not heard from anyone about the bird counts or numbers.  Ken K and Ron B took water samples from the inlet and outlet of Pigeon Lake and the inlet to Collinwood.  This is after the water has gone through a wetland area between the two lakes.  The company doing the testing will provide us with a written report on their findings.

7) Membership Survey Committee Report - All Board members received a list of Action Plan ideas that were generated by the survey.  Steve U and Steve G will begin a series of articles for the newsletter providing insights gained from the survey and specifics for property owners about how to manage such things as septic systems, runoff, etc.  We will post the complete survey with a summary of comments on our website in October.

8) Website & Facebook Activity - Over past 30 days we have been averaging 5 visits per day. When sending message to Pat Hanson please put meeting in the message line.  Decided to scan and publish the information sheet Lee Sundmark shared with us at the Pot Luck Dinner.

9) Invasive Species Committee Update - The committee completed the last vegetation survey of the year and again found no Milfoil.  They reported an abundance of many native plants.  The plan for 2015 is to treat 70 acres based on the vegetation survey results from the spring.

10) Watershed Committee Report - Skip reported the work is scheduled to begin near the end of September.  He is going to the Ellsworth Township meeting, because they are contributing $500 toward this project.  Dockside magazine was out to take pictures before and will come back to take after pictures for an article to be published next spring.

11) Watercraft Inspection Committee - Tom H. is waiting to hear what Meeker Co. is going to do with the AIS money they are receiving.

12) Communications & Public Relations
    Fall Newsletter -Rick will send out newsletter template
    Oct 7 Articles for the Fall Newsletter need to be completed and sent to Rick.  He will forward to Ron B so he can format the newsletter.  We will be emailing out the newsletters to those requesting them.  We need to check with Mark Theis @ Crow River Printing about using their 3rd class postage to save some money.

13) Review Potluck Aug 2nd
    Attendance, Feedback Good/Change/Improve - Sandy W. reported just over 50 people were in attendance. There was some discussion about attendance at the Pot Luck dinner, the Board saw many advantages to this social gathering in the late summer and will continue this tradition.

14) Overhead Projector Dassel Rod & Gun Club - Ken K. is working on talking with Chris Hanson about installation of the projector screen.

15) Open Discussion - Cathy K. reported she took 10 cookbooks to Dassel Hillside Farms because they do a nice job selling them.

Next Board Meeting Tuesday, October 7, 2014 @ 7 PM Dassel Rod & Gun Club.

 
 

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Lake Washington Improvement Assn. - All Rights Reserved