Lantern
 
   
Board Meeting Minutes Archived Minutes
Lake Washington Association Board Meeting April 5, 2018
Board Members Present:
Mike Wosmek
Sandy Wosmek
Lyle Walker
Cathy Klehr
Dean Shaner
Pat Hanson
Tom Hauer
Ron Bubany
David Rathe
Skip Sustacek
Steve Grotbo
Steve Ullom
Mark Johnson
Lake Marian board members (2)

Board Members please let someone know if you are not able to attend.

Treasurer Report: Invasive Species Fund $56,185 General Fund $69,405

Paid Memberships: 1

1) Call Meeting to Order 7 PM - by President Steve Grotbo

2) Secretary's March Board Meeting Report - approved to be published on the web page.

3) Treasurer's March 2018 Financial Report - Attached is the final March financial report. No expense items paid. 3 ad payments received plus March interest. Total funds $125,591.88.
   The Board passed a resolution authorizing Piehl, Hanson, Beckman to perform the April 30 year-end annual financial review and prepare necessary tax filings for Minnesota and Federal.

4) Committee Reports:

Aquatic Invasive Species:
   A. Water Quality Testing - Dave R. reported the testing will begin in May once the ice is out.
   B. Vegetation Survey - Ron B. is proposing to do a complete vegetation survey when the contour mapping is being done on the lake this summer. The mapping is scheduled to begin as soon as the ice is out.
   C. I-LIDS/Watercraft Inspection - Dave R. took the unit to Eric so they could install a new magnetic sensor. Starting this year the DNR needs to approve the verbal message the unit shares with those using the landing. Eric will get the new insurance information to share with the DNR. Can install the unit on May 1. MCAL is advertising for boat inspectors paying $12.00 per hour. Inspections would be Friday through Sunday, working at Ellsworth Landing. Contact person is Steve Stepien 612-669-8211 / stevestepien@yahoo.com
   D. Cormorants & Pelicans - Dean S. put together a very good article for the Spring Newsletter, including many pictures of birds that can be found around Pigeon Lake.
   E. Zebra Mussels - Mike W. reported the "hotels" have been refurbished and are ready to go. They will be put out on Memorial Day and picked up on Labor Day. LWIA received a letter from UM - Aquatic Invasive Species Center, thanking us for supporting them. They included their latest bulletin, we will be sure to have this available at the Spring Meeting.

Watershed - Skip is waiting for the snow and ice to melt and frost is out of the ground so we can reseed the ditch on the east side of Ellsworth landing. Skip will send out a notice when he is ready to do this work.

Membership / Shoreline Captains - Cathy K. is continually updating the lake addresses with new owners moving on the lake. Shore Line Captains meeting is scheduled for Saturday May 19th 9:30 am at Dassel Rod n Gun Club. She will have updated rosters with directions of how many directory books go to each address. She will have extra membership cards for the Captains.

Education & Public Relations:
   A. Spring Newsletter - Ron B. thanked everyone for the great Newsletter articles sent to him.
   B. Website, Facebook, and Email Activity - We have 174 likes on Facebook. The website is getting 3 hits per day. Steve noted there was a hack of a 2011 data, that included names, addresses, and email addresses only. Steve will write an article for the Summer Newsletter explaining this. Ron B. reported he has our membership information on a secure site. Only Cathy and Ron B. have access to this information, Steve G. noted we need to be careful with this information.
   C. New Directory Update - The Board met prior to the monthly meeting to proof read and preview the directory. Some Board members took copies home and will get edits to Mark. He has nearly $5000 in ads and plans to print about 550 copies of the directory. His goal is to get it to the Crow River for printing by April 16, they thought the directories should be ready for the Shore Line Captains meeting on May 19.
   D. Lake Mapping - Ron B. has cleaned up the way points and will send them out to the board members. He will update the information as he gathers it on the website. His plan is to start mapping as soon as the ice is off the lake.

Social Committee - Sandy W. reported the pork chops and meat trays are ordered. She will restock the plates, napkins, silverware we have.

Financial / Grants - Tabled until May meeting because Sharon D. was not at the meeting.

MCAL - Representatives/meeting dates - Pat H. reported they are requesting information on all the Board members and she will get this to them. Pat also shared that MCAL noted LWIA of Meeker Co. has about 60% membership of property owners on the lake, with the state average being about 20%.

5) Open Discussion - Shared information with Board representatives from Lake Marian, who attended our meeting. There was some discussion about making a contribution to the UM Aquatic Invasive Species Research Center.

Next Board Meeting Scheduled for 7 PM Tuesday May 1st at Dassel Rod and Gun

 
 

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Lake Washington Improvement Assn. - All Rights Reserved